| 2 comments ]

Photobucket
An old girlfriend of mine and I caught up on past times, past loves and everything up until now the other week. She couldn't understand why I'd been feeling so "less than lucky" in the love department lately given I'd seemed to have my fair share of "winner woo-ers". I'd tried repeatedly to break down to her the science behind my sadness. "When I figure out how to explain it...I'll write it down!" I promised.

I love men...like I love shoes.

There's so many to choose from. The colors, fits, designs...they're all so alluring, exciting. But, I've learned most of them don't last longer than a season the "trendier" you go.

This one "pair". He's the pair that somehow makes you feel like a queen, even though he's been worn by so many before you. They never knew how to rock him just right you convince yourself. So you're sure not to overstyle when you're wearing 'em and just the confidence alone this pair gives you is euphoric. No matching bag, no fancy dress, just you and the shoes. And when you start to feel down and your head begins to drop, you look down, to see him. He's looking right back at you and just like that, you're inspired again. But, now the day is getting long and you're growing tired. How much longer can you go on proud and smiling until it starts to show that your feet are beginning to hurt? Will you ever really "break them in"? Like those who wore 'em before you, are you also going to end up just having to take them off? Of course you'll miss 'em but, maybe there's some other girl whose feet will be able to withstand the frustration just a little bit longer.

What about that other pair? Your "old faithful's"? Man, you get the most compliments in those, even at family functions. Never thought you'd have anything in common with your nagging aunt's but, they love you in those shoes. Sad thing is, you wore them so much that they're not in the best condition. You loved 'em when you got 'em but, now there's no telling when the heel will break or the zipper will spoil when you're least expecting it. The shoe repair can't do anything about 'em, so its not like you didn't try to fix things. And you hate to admit it but, they don't really fit into your wardrobe that well anymore. Fucked up but, its time to get rid of 'em.

And of course, there's the pair of "faithful flats". They've been around so long you've turned them into house slippers. You can get away with dressing them up if you want but, they're so safe and unexpected for a girl like you. When you bought em they were adorable, I mean, I guess you could try wearing them a little more often. All these heels are said to be bad for your overall health and posture as a woman. Maybe, its time to switch your style up? Try something a little more conservative this time around?

Walk a day in my shoes. What would you do?

Posted By Teneille

2 comments

Boss Lady said... @ May 25, 2009 at 10:50 PM

This was a good read. Keep em coming. I know I don't comment as much as I should, but I do read.

Teneille said... @ May 29, 2009 at 9:34 AM

Thanks Boss Lady! Will keep em coming :)

Post a Comment