| 5 comments ]

Can you believe that we are just moments away from summer? I’m so damn anxious I don’t know what to do, I’m dying to be on someone’s beach right now (shout out to all my west coast B+C Luv’s)! However, being a fashion guru and a proud lush diva, I notice many many fashion mistakes that people make during this beautiful season, especially my fellow Lush ladies!


FYI: My sole purpose of doing the weekly Lush Note is to educate women (specifically lush ones) about their bodies and how to make them look there best!


That being said, if you are one of the following please do not, I REPEAT, do not purchase a single maxi dress unless you will for certain have it altered!

OR ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING:

* Have a stomach that sit outs more than 4 inches from your back
* Wear a bra cup size bigger than a D or strap size larger than 38. That includes 40B’s, don’t play yourself ladies
* You are shorter than 5’4. At that point the dress will be wearing you, instead of you wearing the dress
* If you have an extreme pear or triangle shape. Meaning that your shoulder and waist are severely smaller than the hips and thighs. I’m talking 34-27-48!
* If you're not going to wear the correct undergarments, strapless bra, thong, tanga or shaper even

If you even THINK you fall under any of these restrictions detailed above, just don’t do it! Maxi dresses were not made for curvy, big boned, busty, fat bottom lush women. Women with lots of curves and full figures need clothing with structure made of sturdy fabrics. Maxi dresses hide our best assets, because they have no shape and though they often have empire waists they tend to hit the waist too high and causes the mid section to look bigger. They also often don’t have a large enough area for the boobies, leaving them either over flowing or unsupported.

Don’t get me wrong I’m all about the dress but, try something more fitted, not tight. Something with thicker straps so you can wear a bra properly, or a sexy low neckline and defined waist like lush chick America Ferrera! Ready to go shopping? I AM!

So until the next time...keep it Lush & Luxurious!

Posted by Karima

5 comments

Sofia said... @ June 10, 2009 at 4:20 PM

I see your point, great comparison. If only I could find the perfect girdle where Im like 80lbs lighter...

Icecrima said... @ June 10, 2009 at 9:10 PM

Sofia, Sofia... being lush and luxurious is not about losing weight, it's about creating illusion darling!!! BTW do you spanx???

Stacy-Ann Ellis said... @ June 10, 2009 at 10:08 PM

omg preach!!! i have a personal vendetta against maxi dresses, i jus think they look so damn rude!

keep up the articles coming!

Sofia said... @ June 10, 2009 at 11:25 PM

Hey Icecrima, I know its all about illusions but I have totally had it up to here with these special effects. And on the spanx part, I need to.

Paul D Wilson-Bashy said... @ June 15, 2009 at 8:12 PM

WHY must they do this to J-Hud....Who is her stylist..I mean come on..STOP IT. They caqn find waaayyy better stuff to compliment her size, which is beautiful by the way!!..Most women are her size..She can be an example, but they choose to make her look like a warning!!! STOP IT!!

Post a Comment