| 5 comments ]

The other day while eating dinner with Cece, I realized how excited I am about turning 25 in a few months. Even though my dream birthday has always been my thirtieth for as long as I can remember for some reason 25 feels so great as it moves closer to my today on the calendar.

I remember being a teenager and 25 seemed so far away. I don’t where we learned to associate this age with bachelor’s degrees, marriage and good jobs because I’m far from that overly promoted fantasy. I don’t want to get married right now, at all. I’d be a great girlfriend but a "not as good as I know I can be" wife. I want to have gotten my super youthful urges out of the way so I can be a completely dedicated wife, not a wife who feels she can still get away with doing the same things she did as a girlfriend. I feel like the first part of my twenties was more about dabbling in love. Testing the waters but, still having fun. Learning what and who works and doesn’t work for me in a relationship. The first five years went quick, so the second half I expect to go quicker with all the things happening around me. Maybe the second part will be about falling in love. My thirties and forties, living in love and my fifties and on, growing old in love. But, I know I don’t want to get married in my twenties like everyone seems to be rushing to do. Love should still feel fun in your twenties, not settled. You should be your most inspired to keep growing and living and learning with your significant other at 25 without the binds of societal pressures. Haste makes waste, so I’m not rushing only to divorce in ten years. Divorce isn’t fashionable. Love is always in style.

I’ll probably do the most personal maturing over the next five years also (i.e. Getting in shape, building my credit, buying an apartment, travelling to Asia, becoming more active in my community and causes, etc.). Shit, I got a lot of living to do before I die…

5 comments

$port said... @ March 31, 2009 at 10:20 PM

right there with you, baby...i'm looking 25 in a minute and i'm ready for whatever...

here's to not conforming!!!

DKNY OH MY IM JIGGY said... @ March 31, 2009 at 11:35 PM

Sport And Teneille You Guys Are So Old LOL.

I cant believe your looking forward to thirty. I told myself i would cry when i turned 25 ..

"Divorce is never fashionable, Love is always in style"

Loved It!

Teneille said... @ April 1, 2009 at 2:43 AM

LOL @ Super Woman! You wait and see you'll be an old head before you know it! Thx Sport!

Awww, I scored a quote! lol

Good Life said... @ April 1, 2009 at 3:27 PM

Rocking with you on this one as well....Im a May baby. Also good seeing u the other night...

$port said... @ April 2, 2009 at 6:25 PM

OK Super, watch it with that old shit!!

the niggas you're age say shit likem 'DAT'

Post a Comment