| 4 comments ]

Ignore and Avoid.
You're probably saying "what the hell is she talking about?" But I'm referring to the tried and true method men use to "deal" with problems that may arise between them and the opposite sex. Are you surprised? Trust, I peep game!
I am pretty sure you guys believe that ignoring and avoiding somehow allows time for a potential disagreement to diffuse. Herein lies the problem: to avoid argument you avoid me, the woman. Now in my alone time I'm forced to deal with the issue at hand...which now isnt the argument we were going to have, but rather your ass disappearing and iggin' me (which is what we think you're doing). By the time you think the situation has "blown over," I've decided I no longer want to to deal with your bullshit and Im officially "over it." ("over it" is not a good place for your lady to be)
Another problem that the ignore and avoid promises is the fact that you, the man, has yet to deal with the issue or problem. It gives time for something very miniscule to fester into something way bigger and uglier than what it needed to be. So what we argued and we dont speak for a day, I think its a whole lot better than me secretly resenting you and you, now very uncomfortable, because you dont know where exactly you stand in our relationship.
I hate to sound cliche, but communication is key. Problems are things that need to be solved. Leave a question blank on a test...You get no points.



4 comments

Teneille said... @ December 8, 2008 at 7:22 PM

*Stands up and applauds Shaina* SMFH

Kwan Lee said... @ December 8, 2008 at 8:14 PM

I agree. Me personally i like to air things out as soon as I see there is a problem and move forward. But sometimes I have to ignore a woman if I'm really angry because the message may not come out as planned and I dont wanna hurt shorty's feelings. Sometimes we dudes have to ignore yall because we dont know how to say what we wanna say in a way not to offend you and make matters worse...

Teneille said... @ December 9, 2008 at 9:39 AM

I just realized thats FAINT! i know those fucking lights anywhere! "I cant feel the way I did before, dont turn your back on me I WONT BE IGNORRRRRRRRRRRRED!"

Gallardo Bastardo said... @ December 9, 2008 at 6:21 PM

Wait, ya'll listen to Linkin Park? Stooooooooooop it.

Look, I don't do the ignoring thing. A matter of fact, I'll talk with my girlfriend about a problem, then it turns into an argument and then she wants to get off of the phone with me because she's about to start tearing up. Then I call back later and apologize and we talk it out again and then we forget it happened. I need to start trying the "ignore" approach.

Post a Comment