| 2 comments ]

Photobucket

We all learned and agreed on why Mr. West would make a great boyfriend but, what should we do or more importantly wear once we’d garnered his attention? Kanye takes the cake for dating the most impeccably dressed young fashionistas. From being hounded by the Hollywood paparazzi to the front rows of runways in Paris, Brooke, Alexis and Amber have set the style bar pretty high. So how do we aim to match his fly without falling behind in the glam ranks of our predecessors? Sitting around plotting how I'm going to overthrow his latest relationship, I’ve pieced together the style must haves that score the highest in probability of becoming the next lucky lady sighted and selected by 'Ye. Although I’ve always been stylish, just in case one of you bitches beat me to the man himself, here’s some fair tips on how to step your shit up. Hey, all is fair is love and war.

THE SHADES
I’d suggest going vintage or extremely modern. Think Retro Sun’s and Karen Walker’s. Modern cuts like Karen Walker serves for the trips to Tokyo, NY and LA and vintage Retro Sun’s for Europe. Can’t go wrong!

(Below: Retro Sun, Vintage Dior Sunglasses)

Kanye Says: "Stronger is also a fashion statement. Its for people like us, who dress fresh and like fly shit. And if you dont like the song, than more than likely you don't know how to dress either."

THE JACKETS
Modern, angular and masculine! Go for Phillip Lim, Alexander Wang and Rag & Bone. You’ll seem cosmopolitan and couture.

(Below: Alexander Wang Aged Wool Jacket)

Kanye Says: "Appearance is everything. You have to respect the clothes. When you walk into a room and you are well-dressed, those who respect fashion have to honour you in a new way."

THE SHOES
Balenciagas are not comfortable. Period. But, when your dating Kanye, who cares! Wear the most insanely designed shoes with ridiculous heels because he’d love them. Tricky Balenciagas, Massive-heeled Marni’s and our favorite Nicholas Kirkwoods, would surely wow Mr. West.

(Below: Balenciaga Sandals)
Kanye Says: "Someone with no taste - automatically I am taking points off of their opinion about other things, about music. I'm like, 'You cannot figure out what shoes to put with your shirt! How am I going to listen to you about anything else?'"

THE BAGS
This one is a given. You can’t go wrong with a Louis Vuitton to impress the don. But, a Fendi or Lanvin clutch should work just as well.

(Below: Louis Vuitton Monogram Alma Bag)
Kanye Says: “Due to what has happened so severely when the red shoes hit the runway, I was forced to change my name to Martin Louis the King Jr. Address me as such”

But, Kanye or not, get your style game together! No dude should ever be able to say “I made you why would I play you?”. Sorry B.I.G.

2 comments

DKNY OH MY IM JIGGY said... @ April 1, 2009 at 6:05 PM

Kirkwood is that dude and those Balenciaga's almost look like some of his work.

Monique Famous said... @ April 1, 2009 at 8:57 PM

I guess I would be a great girl for a man like Mr. West, Oversized designer sunglasses & purses are a must for me and stilettos with some leggings or skinny jeans are mandator :-D love this post do more like it.

Post a Comment